The sportive scene is growing in Portugal and we have some places available for the “Aldeias do Xisto” Sportive, held on September 13th, near Coimbra in central/northern Portugal.
There are two options, the full sportive of 168kms with 4100 metres of total climbs, or the half option of 95kms, with 2000m of total climbs.
Either option is no walk in the park and the event is run with controlled traffic, so the roads are not completely closed all day, but they are closed to let the riders come through. The Lousa mountain range where the majority of the riding takes place is breathtakingly beautiful and as well as the stunning scenery and challenging climbs, enjoys excellent road surfaces and some delightful historic villages to ride through.
The package that we offer is a 3 day or 5 day option and you get to stay in a beautiful hotel (the 4 star Quinta das Lágrimas) and included are:
Registration on the Schist Villages Granfondo Cycle Sportive (Granfondo or MedioFondo distance);
- Transfers from/to Hotel to the start of the competition and to/from all experiences during your stay;
- 2 or 4 nights in 4 star “Quinta das Lágrimas Hotel”, in double room, with breakfast included and free access to the SPA;
- Private briefing, on the day before the event, by experienced local riders;
- Mechanical support before the race, with bike fit and bike assembly;
- Nutrition and hydration during all bike rides;
- Post race massage;
- Guided bike rides in the Coimbra region
- Gourmet group dinner (for the 5 day experience only, drinks not included)
The cost is €740 for the 3 day option and €1090 for the 5 day option, with discounts available for larger groups. If you are flying, you should to either Porto or Lisbon airports, both of which are less than two hours from Coimbra where the hotel is.
As an option we can also include airport transfer (€120) and bike hire (€45 per day, for Scott Addict 20 or similar)
See the route profiles here:
skyroad sportive route profil grandfondo
skyroad sportive mediofondo
For more information and a full itinerary and more options, please contact Charlie at firstname.lastname@example.org . For our custom cycling clothing clients, there is an additional 5% discount aviable.